Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Last night I had a craving for cauliflower -- I checked through all my recipes and the only one that sounded satisfying was this one. We made a few changes to it and it turned out like I thought it would! Sheer comfort food!!! ;) I am sorry if I have confused you with my ingredient mature cheddar cheese - I have been told to add the word vintage to it so it would be better understood. (In my mind - one is sharp & the other sharper.) ;)
- 6 3⁄4 ounces creme fraiche or 6 3⁄4 ounces sour cream
- 3 1⁄4 ounces mature vintage cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 spring onions, shredded
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 1⁄2 ounces frozen peas, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1 sheet rolled puff pastry, 4 circles cut to fit your dishes
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 356ºF.
- Mix the creme fraiche,cheddar cheses, spring onions, cauliflower, peas, & garlic & red pepper flakes; season with salt and black pepper,if you choose.
- Divide between 4 small ovenproof dishes.
- Top with pastry circles, press down firmly and glaze with egg.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until crisp and golden.
I made this delectable dish last night, and am rating it 5 despite confusion with the 2nd and 3rd ingredient. I have not heard the term mature cheddar, and manami said I could use sharp, but then sharp is listed for 1 oz as a third ingredient. So I ended up using 3 1/4 oz sharp cheddar, and 1 oz. parmesan cheese, and it was scrumptious. Thanks for a different but easy dish that my family raved over.