Recipe by Wild Thyme Flour
This is an all in one meal perfect for vegeterians ( omit ham). The good thing about this lasagna is that you will only need an ovenproof lasagna dish and a pot for boiling the vegetables. Serve with a leaf salad and crusty bread.
Top Review by Ambrosia 2009
I loved this minus the ham, as suggested, because I am vegetarian, and the 2nd time omitted the tomatoes too (because I had forgotten to buy them), with no detriment to the overall taste of the dish. I intend to make this over and over again! I always use no cook lasagne sheets, and for this recipe used them straight from the pack and they worked fine without any kind of pre soaking.
- 250 g cauliflower florets
- 250 g broccoli florets
- 200 g dried lasagna sheets (no pre cook)
- 500 ml creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 g smoked ham, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200 g cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 180°C Cook the cauliflower and broccoli in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes.
- Soak the lasagna sheets in hot ( not boiling ) water to soften. If using fresh lasagna sheets skip this step.
- mix the creme fraiche with 3 tbsp of water anf the herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush an ovenproof dish with oil and pour in 3 tbsp of creme fraiche. line a third of the lasagna sheets, followed by half of the broccoli/cauliflower, half the ham, half the tomatoes, a third of the cheese and a third of teh creme fraiche sauce.
- Repeat the layers, finishing with a layer of pasta. Pour over remaining creme fraiche and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then grill the top under a grill until it browns and bubbles. If you don't have a grill just bake an extra 10 minutes at 190°C.