Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very delicious and easy to make side dish.
- 1 head cauliflower, cleaned and seperated
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup buttered breadcrumbs
- Steam cauliflower for 10 minutes.
- Place in shallow baking pan.
- Blend soup, milk and cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over cauliflower.
- Top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
I make this exact same recipe with one addition. I add a can of the fried onion ( or the cheddar fried onion ) on top and bake. It's one of our favorite side dishes!! Delicious!!
Inez, thanks for posting this. I fixed it yesterday to go with ham and mashed potatoes. It was soooo good and satisfying. I should have made a double batch. We're not even really fans of cauliflower, but this sounded good and tasted even better.
Very good and very easy to make. I made this as written using panko for the breadcrumbs. I used 1 cup of sharp cheddar. I thought it was just a bit bland. I would really up all those spices next time and maybe even add some garlic and mustard powder. Thanx for sharing!