1/1 Photo of Cauliflower Cheese and Whisky - Old Scottish Recipe
Cheese was often made in individual farmhouses and was combined with cauliflowers grown either in the fields or in the kitchen garden. Adding a few ounces of whisky adds an extra flavour to this popular dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the cauliflower stalks and cook the florets in hot water for five minutes.
- 2Drain and put into an ovenproof dish with the chopped mushrooms and green peppers mixed inches
- 3Heat the cream gently in a small pan, add the cheese, stirring frequently. When the cheese has melted, remove from the heat and mix in the whisky and oatmeal.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste and the pinch of nutmeg. Pour over the cauliflower and sprinkle the chopped nuts on top.
- 5Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350F for 45 minutes. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Cheese and Whisky - Old Scottish Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.2
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.5 g
- Cholesterol 131.7 mg
- Sodium 366.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 16.7 g