Recipe by Buzymomof3
What can I say I've grown to like cauliflower as I got older. I got this from a cookbook called Australia Wide Cookbook by Valwyn McMonigal. I've grown to like cauliflower as I got older.
Top Review by Outta Here
When I was a kid the only way I would eat cauliflower was with cheese sauce. Now I like it even just plain. This was easy and tasted good, but I would double the amount of cheese next time. I used a sharp cheddar, but it just wasn't enough. I only had dried parsley (forgot to look before shopping) so I stirred it into the sauce. Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
- 1 small cauliflower
- warm salt water
- 40 g butter (1 1/2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons tasty cheese, grated
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 180*c/375*F.
- break cauliflower into florets and soak in warm salted water for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain, place in pan with hot water, cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer until florets are tender.
- While cauliflower is cooking, melt butter in a pan, add flour, stir over heat heat until flour starts to bubble, remove from heat. Stir in milk, return to heat and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and add cheese - let it melt into sauce.
- Drain cooked cauliflower, place on serving plate and spoon cheese sauce over it. Sprinkle with Parsley. If you want you can place cauliflower in dish, top with cheese sauce and broil for a minute until sauce browns.