Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is basically cauliflower in a white sauce with stuffing on top - no cheese. Not as rich, but very tasty.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen cauliflower or 2 (10 ounce) packagesequivalent fresh cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package herb stuffing mix (crumbs, not cubes)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Cook and drain cauliflower.
- Place in a 2-quart casserole.
- Melt butter, stir in flour and cook a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and blend in milk.
- Return to stove and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Simmer until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Pour over cauliflower in casserole.
- Topping: Combine stuffing mix, water and butter.
- Spoon on top of casserole, pressing down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Very tasty and quite simple to make. I let mine bake for 40 minutes and browned the top.