Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great cauliflower side dish that I make often, use grated cheddar in place of the Parmesan cheese on top of the casserole if desired ;-)
- 1 head cauliflower (broken into florets then cooked until firm-soft)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use seasoned salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients except the Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to baking dish, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika (if desired you can omit the Parmesan cheese and paprika and sprinkle 1 to 1-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese on top the last few minutes of baking).
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.
Best Ever....I get so many compliments on this casserole!
We added 1-1/2 tbls of fresh grated horse radish and extra chedder cheese and sprinkled more crumbs on top for crunch. The bell peppers gave a tender crisp crunch too. Salt n pepper to taste. Great side dish
Great recipe! I didn't have corn flakes so I used seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs and oops forgot the paprika. I also used frozen peppers and onions which I added to the cauliflower as I was steaming it. We really enjoyed this recipe. I will be adding it to my Easter menu. Thanks Kittencal!