Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom always made this when I was younger. She passed it on to me and it is a big hit. It is fairly simple to make.
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 ounces Cheese Whiz
- 2 packages frozen cauliflower, cooked
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- Saute onions in 4 tablespoons butter.
- Stir in flour and add water.
- Cool over low heat, stirring until thick and boiling.
- Blend in Cheese Whiz.
- Combine sauce and cooked cauliflower.
- Add eggs.
- Mix gently until blended.
- Put in well greased pan; dot with remaining butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown at 325.
Awesome! I knew that this would be good, but I was really impressed with the finished casserole. It was light and fluffy and cheesy. I used real cheddar cheese in place of cheez whiz, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. I'll be making this again; thanx!