Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got the recipe from a friend who said she never has leftovers when she makes this for a party or holiday.
- 1 medium head cauliflower or 2 regular packages frozen cauliflower
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- If using fresh, clean, break into small pieces and cook for 10 minutes. If using frozen just cook for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- In a greased baking dish, combine sour cream, soup, salt, pepper, parsley, onion powder, & cheese.
- Gently fold in cauliflower.
- Top with bread crumbs and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (covered).
- Option: Can replace cauliflower with broccoli.
This was OK for us. I followed the recipe as written using frozen cauliflower. I also used the cheddar cheese as that is all I had. Maybe we would have liked it better with swiss. I followed the recipe exactly as written. We thought the sauce was a bit runny. Not sure why though.
Soooo good! I made this with fresh finely chopped onion (maybe 1/4 cup or so) instead of the powder, but otherwise I stuck to the recipe. I loved the swiss cheese flavor with the cauliflower. My cauliflower may have been a bit on the larger side, so mine was not overly saucy or greasy..... but it certainly was not dry. Thanx for an excellent new cauliflower recipe!
This is very good, but just a little oily. I think that 3/4 Cup of cheese is more than enough. The husband loved it. Will make it again with less cheese.