Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (low-fat)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 saltine crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Steam or boil cauliflower and 1/4 cup onions until tender.
- Drain and place in a 13x9-inch casserole dish.
- Mix grated cheese with remaining onion.
- Add soup mixed with milk.
- Pour this mixture over cauliflower.
- Roll crackers and mix with melted butter.
- Sprinkle on top of a casserole.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes.
I think I've just died and gone to heaven!!! Dancer, this was outstanding! When I went to the U.S., one of the "special" ingredients I bought was a can of cream of mushroom soup (we don't get it here), and I'm so glad I chose this recipe to use it! The only thing I changed was to use a local brand of crackers instead of saltine crackers. I'll have to wait until I get hold of another can of mushroom soup, and when I do, I'll most certainly make this again!
This was easy and very good. I find it hard to find good cauliflower recipes and this one is definitely a keeper.
I agree that it is hard to find a good recipe for cauliflower. This was a good way to jazz up a bland vege. My family liked it a lot. I don't like to see reviews where people change the ingredients or add their own and then rate it, so I made it exactly according to the recipe before I rated it. However, now I'll confess...I made this before, but I didn't have cauliflower, so I used broccoli, and I didn't have saltines, so I used Ritz crackers. It was very good that way, too. I can see where this would be a good base recipe for a lot of veges, or combinations. Five stars from me!!