1/1 Photo of Cauliflower Casserole
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into flowerets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup chopped scallion, white and light green parts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup shredded gouda cheese, smoked Gouda is really good here
- 1/2 cup crushed cracker, like Ritz
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 2-qt baking dish; set aside.
- 2Cook cauliflower in boiling salted water until crisp-tender (about 6-7 minutes); drain.
- 3Place cooked and drained flowerets into the prepared baking dish.
- 4Meanwhile, melt 3 tbsp of the butter in a saucepan and saute the scallions for about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in the flour until smooth.
- 6Very gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Add salt, pepper and paprika.
- 7Continue cooking and stirring until sauce is thickened and smooth, for about 3 minutes. Stir in the mustard .
- 8Evenly pour the sauce over cauliflower in the baking dish.
- 9Sprinkle the Gouda cheese over casserole.
- 10Mix the crushed crackers with the 3 tbsp of melted butter; sprinkle over top of the cheese layer.
- 11Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 437.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 6.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: