1/4 Photos of Cauliflower Carrot Soup or Broccoli
1 hr 30 mins
This is from Norene Gilletz's Healthy Helpings. I tinkered with it a bit. It is full of good flavours and good for you. This can be served as a lunch with some crackers or in a small soup bowl for the first course at a dinner party. I made ths with broccoli intead of cauliflower; came out excellent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare vegetables.
- 2In large sauce pan, heat oil.
- 3Add onions,celery and garlic.
- 4Sauté on medium-low heat about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. If necessary add a little water to prevent sticking.
- 5Add potatoes, carrots and broth to sautéed vegetables.Bring to a boil. and simmer 20 minutes uncovered.
- 6Add cauliflower and red pepper.
- 7Simmer another another 15- 20 minutes vegetables are tender.
- 8Pureé with hand blender or potato masher to break up vegetables; leave the soup chunky.
- 9Add milk, thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- 10At this point you can more or less milk depending on how thick you want to have your soup.
- 12I used Carnation no fat milk.
- 13Reheats and freezes well.
- 14You can replace the cauliflower with broccoli for a different version.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Carrot Soup or Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.8
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 556.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers