This salad I have enjoyed so many times. It is great in the summer time. I love the raw vegetables.
- Fry the 1 lb. of bacon crispy.
- Bacon should be left to drain and cool.
- Pat down bacon on paper towel to be sure all excess fat is removed before breaking into bite size pieces.
- Cut the flowers from the cauliflower & broccoli.
- Dice the ham into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Combine in the serving bowl all above ingredients when ready for dressing.
- 1 cup mayo combined with sugar.
- Whisk until sugar is blended well.
- Dressing is then tossed with the salad.
- The salad can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving covered.
Congrats! Your recipe was featured on our homepage as the "Recipe of the Day!" (7/30/11)
Who would have thought that such an odd combination of ingredients could be so yummy!?! I love the crunchiness, and the salty ham and bacon are a great match with the sweetness of the raisins, pickles and dressing. I would definitely recommend chilling for an hour before serving to allow the flavors to blend. I just loved this salad and it will be something I will make often - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008