Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Had this for lunch today and it was just so tasty. Adapted from a recipe by Fiona Smith
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 1 head cauliflower (about 1kg with leaves on)
- 2 red capsicums
- 3 garlic, cloves crushed
- 20 black olives
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 mild red chilies, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 cup coursely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons good extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Split the bread in half horizontally and toast or you could char-grill it and set aside.
- Divide the cauliflower into bite sized florets and steam for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Refresh with cold water and drain and place in a large serving dish.
- Blacken the skin or the red capsicums under a griller or over direct flame.
- Place in a plastic bag to steam for 5 minutes, then peel the blackened skin from them.
- Slice the capsicum into strips and scatter over the cauliflower then add the garlic, olives, anchovies, capers, chillies and parsley.
- Toss through the olive oil and vinegar and add salt to taste.
- Tear the toasted bread into bite sized pieces and add and toss again.