Had this for lunch today and it was just so tasty. Adapted from a recipe by Fiona Smith
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf ciabatta
- 1 head cauliflower (about 1kg with leaves on)
- 2 red capsicums
- 3 garlic, cloves crushed
- 20 black olives
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 mild red chilies, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup coursely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons good extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1Split the bread in half horizontally and toast or you could char-grill it and set aside.
- 2Divide the cauliflower into bite sized florets and steam for about 5 minutes until tender.
- 3Refresh with cold water and drain and place in a large serving dish.
- 4Blacken the skin or the red capsicums under a griller or over direct flame.
- 5Place in a plastic bag to steam for 5 minutes, then peel the blackened skin from them.
- 6Slice the capsicum into strips and scatter over the cauliflower then add the garlic, olives, anchovies, capers, chillies and parsley.
- 7Toss through the olive oil and vinegar and add salt to taste.
- 8Tear the toasted bread into bite sized pieces and add and toss again.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower & Bread Salad (Panzanella Di Cavolfiore)
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.6
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 815.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar