Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Asparagus to Zucchini, A guide to Cooking Farm Fresh Seasonal Produce.
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped leek
- 5 -6 cups chopped cauliflower
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken or 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 5 -6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- salt and pepper
- Slowly cook leeks in butter until tender. Add cauliflower and stock. Simmer until very tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Add half-and-half and half of the tarragon. Simmer 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in half the cheese, salt and pepper.
- Serve with more blue cheese and tarragon on top.
We liked it so much!
Awesome blue cheese flavor and smooth texture. I made this as written, but had to use dried tarragon. The blue cheese flavor was definitely evident, but not too strong. You probably need to be a blue cheese fan to enjoy this, though. This is a great change from the usual caulifower cheese soups. Thanx for posting!