Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A really yummy and healthful blend of two of my favourite vegetables. This soup is a beautiful bright purple colour and velvety smooth. You may wish to make extra vegetables so you can enjoy them oven roasted - it's hard to put them all into the soup! Can garnish with a dollop of sour cream if desired.
- 4 medium beets
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Peel and slice the beets and onion. Slice the cauliflower.
- Gather vegetables in a bowl and sprinkle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss together then lay out on the parchment.
- Oven roast the vegetables for 30 minutes or until tender.
- In a large sauce pot, heat the vegetable broth. Add in the cooked vegetables then immersion blend until completely smooth.