Recipe by Evie*
something a little different
Top Review by JustJanS
Thanks for a great recipe Eve. I love the combination of the flavours in the sauce over the cauliflower. I also loved the fetta cheese to finish. We made this with canned tomatoes, which worked well. Make sure the cauli is just tender before you put it in the oven dish-it took longer than 10 minutes for me as there isn't a real lot of liquid to cook it in at stage 5. We ate this with roast lamb etc. last night.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large cauliflower, cut in to florets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a heavy based fry pan and saute the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion has softened.
- Add the tomatoes, cinnamon and oregano and season with the salt and pepper.
- Stir then simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Add cauliflower to the tomato mixture, cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes, or until cauliflower is just tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture to a large shallow dish and drizzle over the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Sprinkle over the lemon juice and crumbled feta.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the cauli is soft and cheese has melted.