From The Little Paris Kitchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs heads cauliflower, trimmed and separated into florets
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1 slice of extra crunchy toast, roughly chopped
- 1To begin with, steam the cauliflower in a colander fitted inside a pan. Steam for around 15 minutes so the cauliflower still has some bite left in it.
- 2For the sauce, melt the butter in a medium sized pan. Add the flour and stir hard until a smooth paste is achieved.
- 3Take off the heat and leave for a couple of minutes. Slowly add the milk, mixing all the time.
- 4Place it back on the heat and add the clove, bay leaf and leek. Simmer for 10 minutes, constantly stirring.
- 5Remove the leek, bay leaf and clove. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Stir the cheese into the sauce, saving a bit to sprinkle on top. Mix the cauliflower into the sauce and give it a good stir. Pour into a baking tin.
- 8Sprinkle on the remaining cheese and top with the crushed hazelnuts and broken up pieces of toast.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes and then place under the broiler for a few minutes to get a golden and bubbling crust.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Bake With Hazelnut Crunch Crust
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.9
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.4 mg
- Sodium 286.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper