Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Growing up I didn't like cauliflower, now I find I do. Enjoy! Found on Great British Kitchen Cookbook http://www.greatbritishkitchen.co.uk/recipebook/index.php?option=com_rapidrecipe&page=viewrecipe&recipe_id=200&Itemid=28
- 1 large cauliflower
- 3⁄4 cup sweetcorn (175g/6 oz)
- 3 tablespoons butter (40g/1 1/2 oz)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup mushroom, halved (100g/3 1/2 oz)
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and shelled
- 2 tablespoons flour (25g/1 oz)
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup milk (300ml/1/2 pint)
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (150g/5 oz)
- 3 ounces double Gloucester cheese, grated (75g/3 oz)
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs (25g/1 oz)
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and cook in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add the sweetcorn, bring back to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and place in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Melt half of the butter in a non-stick pan, add the onions and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add to cauliflower mixture and gently stir.
- Place the remaining butter, flour and milk in a saucepan, heat stirring continuously until the sauce thickens and is smooth. Cook for a minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt and half the cheese then pour the sauce over the vegetables.
- Mix the remaining cheese with the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over the sauce and brown under the grill.
- If you can't get Double Gloucester cheese, A sharp cheddar also works well.
Tasty cauliflower dish! There was nothing in the directions about using the hard-boiled eggs in the ingredients, so I just left them out. I did add some pepper to the sauce before topping the veggies. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!