Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a different way to prepare cauliflower that is very tasty. I had this dish at a neighbor's barbecue and had to have the recipe.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- Steam cauliflower for 10 minutes.
- Simmer next 4 ingredients for 5 minutes and then add seasonings.
- Combine cauliflower and sauce in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake 15 minutes at 375°.
I found the sauce a bit too ketchuppy, and would have preferred a more gooey cheese. Will make again, but with just use a can of tomatoes and a bit of olive oil and oregano, skipping the flour and milk. I'd then top with mozza and/or cheddar. Thanks for the recipe, is definetely worth a go.
This was lovely! I usually find cauliflower quite boring, but this recipe certainly elevated it to a new level! It is much more healthy than adding lots of cheese. I didn't have Italian stle tomatoes, so I sauted some onions and garlic, added basil and oregano, and then added the tomatoes. After that I followed the recipe as written. I really enjoyed the bread crumbs and parmesan on top. Thanks for a great recipe, Chris From Kansas!
I like cauliflower and am always on the lookout for different ways to prepare it. This recipe is quick and delicious. I rinsed flowerets and placed them in a microwave safe dish, covered and microwave them for a few minutes until crisp tender. While the cauliflower was cooking, the sauce was prepared. I added a generous amount of oregano. This is a keeper recipe.