Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple and good!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut in floweretts
- 1 small red bell pepper (coarsly chopped or sliced)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch dried dill
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 350 desgrres.
- Butter a 6-cup baking dish.
- In a saucepan cook the cauliflower for 3-5 minutes or until only crisp-tender; drain well transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with chopped or sliced red bell pepper.
- In a skillet melt butter over medium heat; add in the garlic and flour; cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the half and half cream; bring to a simmer and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Add in the cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and dill; mix until the cheese is melted, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflour.
- In a small bowl combine the breadcrumbs with 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, then sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
We really liked this recipe. We don't eat much cauliflower in our house, and this was a good way to fit it in. For some reason, this dish turned out weird looking for me, but if you can get over how it looks, it tastes really great!
Very good dish. Thanks for posting. Have not had Cauliflower in years. Was wanting to have it for some time. Glad that this was the recipe I tried first.
Wonderful. I needed something to do with a cauliflower before it went bad. This was the best thing I could have done. It went really well with fish and a salad. I really liked the dill in the recipe. Much better than a side of potatoes or rice. My family likes their carbs, they didn't even miss it. You could easily use soy flour or chick pea flour if you are trying to cut out extra carbs.