Recipe by evelyn/athens
A very simple recipe for cauliflower that everyone always loves (even those who say they 'hate' cauliflower change their minds after trying this).
Top Review by ChandraSoleil
This is good! I used some broccoli with it and used the lower fat method with cornstarch & low fat milk. I'm thinking this is better with the 1/2 & 1/2 or cream but still really yummy lowfat. I will make this again!
- 1 large cauliflower, steamed till crisp o r tender and broken up into small florets
- white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half, beaten with
- 2 whole eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs, lightly fried in
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly butter a 13 X 9" pyrex baking dish and put in cauliflower.
- Season lightly with white pepper and sprinkle all the cheeses over.
- Beat the eggs into the half and half (you can also use 1 1/2 cups milk, 2 eggs and 1 tblsp cornflour as a sub). Pour over cauliflower-cheese mixture and top with buttered breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a 375F oven until lightly golden-brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- This is also super good at room temperature or cold.
- (Try it for breakfast!) Reheats well, so can be made in advance- just pour a couple of tablespoonfuls of cream (or milk) over for moisture.