Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very simple recipe for cauliflower that everyone always loves (even those who say they 'hate' cauliflower change their minds after trying this).
- Lightly butter a 13 X 9" pyrex baking dish and put in cauliflower.
- Season lightly with white pepper and sprinkle all the cheeses over.
- Beat the eggs into the half and half (you can also use 1 1/2 cups milk, 2 eggs and 1 tblsp cornflour as a sub). Pour over cauliflower-cheese mixture and top with buttered breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a 375F oven until lightly golden-brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- This is also super good at room temperature or cold.
- (Try it for breakfast!) Reheats well, so can be made in advance- just pour a couple of tablespoonfuls of cream (or milk) over for moisture.
This is good! I used some broccoli with it and used the lower fat method with cornstarch & low fat milk. I'm thinking this is better with the 1/2 & 1/2 or cream but still really yummy lowfat. I will make this again!
I made 1/2 of a recipe, and used cream and water rather than 1/2 & 1/2. That was the only thing I didn't have in the house. We liked it, and I will make it again, and not change a thing.
Outstanding!! The only thing is it says it will serve 6-8 people, weeellll, it just took the two of us to polish the whole thing off!! Evelyn this was a great recipe! Thank you!!! (I followed the recipe as stated. I steamed the cauliflower in the microwave for two minutes)