Recipe by Theresa P
This is an elegant dish. Great for Thanksgiving or Christmas. The cauliflower is mellow and cheesy with a little crunch from the bread crumbs.
Top Review by Merlot
This is a great way to serve cauliflower. We loved the creamy cheesy sauce (I used cheddar) and the crunchy topping. A wonderful side dish that is easy to prepare. I'm so glad I found this. :-)
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or swiss)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cauliflower in pan with 1 inch of water and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to boil; cover and reduce heat.
- Cook for about 6 minutes until crisp tender; drain.
- Butter 2-quart baking dish and add cauliflower.
- Pour cream over top and sprinkle salt and cheese over all.
- Mix lightly with spoon.
- Combine 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/2 cup bread crumbs and sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.