Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an elegant dish. Great for Thanksgiving or Christmas. The cauliflower is mellow and cheesy with a little crunch from the bread crumbs.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or swiss)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Put cauliflower in pan with 1 inch of water and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to boil; cover and reduce heat.
- Cook for about 6 minutes until crisp tender; drain.
- Butter 2-quart baking dish and add cauliflower.
- Pour cream over top and sprinkle salt and cheese over all.
- Mix lightly with spoon.
- Combine 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/2 cup bread crumbs and sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
This is a great way to serve cauliflower. We loved the creamy cheesy sauce (I used cheddar) and the crunchy topping. A wonderful side dish that is easy to prepare. I'm so glad I found this. :-)
This is delicious! I made sure to use fresh shredded Parmesan, but also added a fresh Italian blend as well (Asiago, etc). I used a bit less swiss, and used baby swiss. Delicious cold or warm! I plan on making it again this weekend!
Was super easy and VERY good, was a real crowd pleaser. I followed the recipe but added a little more cheese and some bacon bits.