Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an elegant dish. Great for Thanksgiving or Christmas. The cauliflower is mellow and cheesy with a little crunch from the bread crumbs.
- Put cauliflower in pan with 1 inch of water and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to boil; cover and reduce heat.
- Cook for about 6 minutes until crisp tender; drain.
- Butter 2-quart baking dish and add cauliflower.
- Pour cream over top and sprinkle salt and cheese over all.
- Mix lightly with spoon.
- Combine 1/4 cup melted butter and 1/2 cup bread crumbs and sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
This is a great way to serve cauliflower. We loved the creamy cheesy sauce (I used cheddar) and the crunchy topping. A wonderful side dish that is easy to prepare. I'm so glad I found this. :-)
Was super easy and VERY good, was a real crowd pleaser. I followed the recipe but added a little more cheese and some bacon bits.
Fantastic comfort food and so easy! I doubled the recipe by using a head of fresh cauliflower, microwaved for 8 minutes instead of boiling it, and an additional bag of previously frozen broccoli/cauliflower mix. I doubled the cream and Colby Jack cheese for the extra veggies and I also made it lower carb by using crushed pork rinds instead of the breadcrumbs. I think I could eat the whole pan myself! This one is a definite keeper!