Recipe by dreamin1_fiveo
Cauliflower that is steamed and then baked and is both soft and crunchy and flavorfull.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This was good and easy to make. The taste was good, but the evaporated milk made it a bit runny. It kind of just pooled at the bottom. Next time I would make a roux, and then add the evaporated milk. I did really like the crunchy cornflake topping. Thanx for sharing!
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Chop cauliflower head roughly in medium sized chunks.
- Steam cauliflower in a pan until semi-soft.
- Spread out in bakeproof pan.
- Pour in the evaporated milk (or use half and half instead).
- Sprinkle on the cheddar cheese. (or you can use Monterey Jack pepper cheese).
- Next layer is corn flake crumbs (I often use Special K).
- Dot top with pats of butter or margarine.
- Sprinkle top with salt and pepper.
- Bake for aproximately 25-30 minutes until lightly browned on top.