- 1 head cauliflower, cut into flowerets
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 24 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cauliflower in boiling water to cover with 1/2 teaspoon salt 5 minutes; drain.
- Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, butter, and next 3 ingredients; stir in cauliflower, bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, and 1 1/4 cup cheese.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.