Top Review by Tarynne
Our family loves cheese sauce over vegetables and this was a nice way of fixing cauliflower. I used a mix of cauliflower and broccoli as the cauliflower I had bought was small. Adding the red peppers made this a very pretty dish. I will make this again.
- 1 cauliflower, cut in florets (about 6 cups)
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dill or 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly butter 6-cup (1. 5L) dish.
- In pot of boiling water, cook cauliflower for 3 to 5 min or until tender-crisp.
- Drain and transfer to baking dish, sprinkle with red pepper.
- In non stick saucepan, melt butter.
- Add flour and garlic, cook stirring over low heat for a minute or so.
- Add milk bring to simmer and stir constantly until thickened.
- Add Cheddar and Parmesan, dill, salt and pepper, stir until cheese melts.
- Pour over califlower.
- Toppig: Mix Parmesan and bread crumbs and sprinkle on top.
- Bake, uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes.