Recipe by yooper
Cauliflower ain't just for salads anymore!Even people who don't like cauliflower like this dish! You can use half broccoli and half cauliflower if you wish.
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 4 ounces chopped cooked ham
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Saute ham and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cook just until crisp tender, about 10 minutes.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth; stir into skillet and blend well.
- Add salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place under preheated broiler until lightly browned, about 2-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve immediately.