Recipe by Chef lanmar
Fancy enough for company yet simple enough for everyday. Another recipe from the book Quickies.
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook 1 thinly sliced onion and 1 large minced garlic clove in 1 Tbsp olive oil until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add 28-oz can drained diced tomatoes, save juice for later, Italian seasonings and pepper.
- When bubbly, add cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces.
- Cook, covered and stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is almost cooked, 8 - 10 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spoon mixture, including juice, into an 8 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with feta and mozzarella.
- Broil until golden 6 - 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley.