Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is versatile because it make a fine complement to a main meal, or it can be a meal in itself.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cooked
- 1 cup light cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion, celery and mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour; stir to coat well.
- Gradually add chicken broth.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Stir in wild rice, cauliflower and crem until well blended.
- Cook gently until heated through; do not boil.