This combines cauliflower florets, black beans and veggie crumbles into a delicious and nutritious casserole that is easy to make. It is a hit with vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 raw cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 large onion (Vidalia ideally)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 12 ounces red wine (hearty)
- 1 (12 ounce) package veggie crumbles (TJ or Yves or similar)
- 1In a large pot that can be covered:.
- 2Saute in 3 TBL of good olive oil 1 large chopped onion and several chopped cloves of garlic.
- 3Add and sauté a cauliflower that has been broken up into florets.
- 4Cover lightly with dried chopped basil and oregano.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Saute until cauliflower changes color from white to yellow.
- 7Stir periodically.
- 8Add one large can of diced tomatoes and their juice.
- 9Add one can of black beans (suitably rinsed).
- 10Add 12 ounces or so of good red wine.
- 11Add one package of soy veggie crumbles.
- 12Stir up well.
- 13Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the cauliflower is very tender to the fork.
- 14Serve alone, or on a baked potato or on rice.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower and Veggie Crumble Delight
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.1
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 290.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: