Recipe by ccCapsfan
This combines cauliflower florets, black beans and veggie crumbles into a delicious and nutritious casserole that is easy to make. It is a hit with vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 raw cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 large onion (Vidalia ideally)
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 12 ounces red wine (hearty)
- 1 (12 ounce) package veggie crumbles (TJ or Yves or similar)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot that can be covered:.
- Saute in 3 TBL of good olive oil 1 large chopped onion and several chopped cloves of garlic.
- Add and sauté a cauliflower that has been broken up into florets.
- Cover lightly with dried chopped basil and oregano.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute until cauliflower changes color from white to yellow.
- Stir periodically.
- Add one large can of diced tomatoes and their juice.
- Add one can of black beans (suitably rinsed).
- Add 12 ounces or so of good red wine.
- Add one package of soy veggie crumbles.
- Stir up well.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the cauliflower is very tender to the fork.
- Serve alone, or on a baked potato or on rice.