A low fat version of Aloo gobi. Its quite saucy so serve with some chapattis or naan bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cm gingerroot, grated
- 1 teaspoon light muscovado sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 400 g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 250 ml water
- 1Heat oil in a large pan and cook onions, ginger and sugar for 5 minutes.
- 2Add cumin, tomatoes, turmeric, coriander, chilli, and the water, bring to a simmer.
- 3Add potatoes, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Add cauliflower, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5Add the chickpeas, simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- 6Add lemon juice and serve.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Balti
Serving Size: 1 (548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.9
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 393.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: