Cauliflower and Scallions With Black Mustard Seeds
- Separate and cut the cauliflower into 1-inch florets. Peel the cauliflower stem and cut into thin slices. Set aside.
- Trim the scallions and chop them, including the entire green part. Set aside.
- Measure out the spices and place them, as well as the water, right next to the stove.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a saute an over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the mustard, cumin, fennel. Keep a pot lid handy since the seeds may splatter and sputter when added. When the seeds stop sputtering, add the turmeric and immediately add the cauliflower.
- Stir-fry the cauliflower until it's evenly coated with spice-infused oil. Add the scallions, salt, and water; mix and cover with a lid. Cook over medium heat and toss a couple times until the cauliflower until the cauliflower is soft, about 10 minutes. Uncover, fold in the coriander, and continue stir-frying until excess moisture evaporates and the cauliflower looks glazed, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and serve.