Easy to make with wonderful Indian flavors
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower, about 1 1/4 lb
- 2 bunches scallions
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds (found in Indian or Middle Eastern markets or spice shops)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- kosher salt
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup light vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander or 8 fresh curry leaves
- 1Separate and cut the cauliflower into 1-inch florets. Peel the cauliflower stem and cut into thin slices. Set aside.
- 2Trim the scallions and chop them, including the entire green part. Set aside.
- 3Measure out the spices and place them, as well as the water, right next to the stove.
- 4Heat the oil in a wok or a saute an over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the mustard, cumin, fennel. Keep a pot lid handy since the seeds may splatter and sputter when added. When the seeds stop sputtering, add the turmeric and immediately add the cauliflower.
- 5Stir-fry the cauliflower until it's evenly coated with spice-infused oil. Add the scallions, salt, and water; mix and cover with a lid. Cook over medium heat and toss a couple times until the cauliflower until the cauliflower is soft, about 10 minutes. Uncover, fold in the coriander, and continue stir-frying until excess moisture evaporates and the cauliflower looks glazed, about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and serve.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower and Scallions With Black Mustard Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.9
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g