Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is very low in calories yet is surprisingly tasty. Serve hot with fresh bread.
- Chop the cauliflower, onion and potatoes into dice.
- Cover with the vegetable stock and cook until soft.
- Cool briefly; pour into a blender; blend to preferred consistency.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and reheat gently.
- Serve topped with the parsley.
This recipe deserves 5 stars because it's very easy to make, low in calories yet still quite tasty! Start with a very high quality vegetable stock, it's the basis for every good soup. Instead of parsley I had some fresh thyme so I added a couple of sprigs of that as well as two bay leaves. I added a little more stock than the amount called for (4 cups) and still ended up with a very thick soup. I also added some tomato paste I had leftover in the fridge, which accounted for the pretty color. I served it with ciabatta bread and a green side for an extremely low cal supper. Mmmm. BF enjoyed this for dinner too.