Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A recipe from the British Food Trust. Gluten-free suitable
Make and share this Cauliflower and Potato Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g potatoes, thinly sliced (1 lb)
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- one pinch grated nutmeg
- 150 msl single cream (1/4 pint) or 150 ml buttermilk (1/4 pint)
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated (2 oz)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C / 350 °F / Gas 4. Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well.
- Layer the potatoes and cauliflower in a buttered 1.1 litre (2 pint) ovenproof serving dish.
- Stir the garlic and nutmeg into the cream and pour over the potatoes and cauliflower.
- Sprinkle on the cheese, cover and bake for 45-50 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Uncover and place under a medium grill until lightly browned.
- Serve at once, straight from the dish.
This is terrific! I scaled this to 2 servings and used lowfat milk instead of cream with good results. The potatoes and cauliflower really worked well together in this dish. Thanks for sharing the recipe!