1/1 Photo of Cauliflower and Olives (Greece)
Sydney Mike's Note:
This unusual cauliflower recipe comes from the 1995 cookbook Greek Cooking. Green olives can be substituted for the black ones, if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim leaves from cauliflower & remove the core, then cut into medium, even-sized pieces.
- 2In a large skillet heat oil & saute cauliflower 1-2 minutes, then remove cauliflower.
- 3To the skillet add onion & cook to soften.
- 4Add water & lemon juice to skillet, then bring to boil.
- 5Return cauliflower to skillet & cook until tender.
- 6Remove cauliflower to serving dish, then add tomato paste to liquid in the skillet, boiling to reduce.
- 7Pit olives, then chop them roughly & add to the skillet.
- 8Pour heated sauce over cauliflower & sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower and Olives (Greece)
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.6
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 365.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g