Recipe by gweshinskey
I've been making this salad for years. This is a nice departure from the traditional seven layer salad. It actually has eight layers. This was the first lettuce salad my children learned to eat and now my grandchildren also enjoy it.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 2 -3 bunches green onions
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (5/8 ounce) envelope Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 -12 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- In the order listed, layer the first 4 ingredients in a large salad bowl with straight sides.
- Spread mayonnaise over the top to seal edges.
- Sprinkle mayonnaise with the salad dressing mix, parmesan cheese and then the bacon.
- Cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, toss salad making sure the mayonnaise and cheese is distributed throughout the salad.