Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad travels well-don't put dressing on til ready to serve.
- 1 lb bacon, cooked,cooled and crumbled
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped (can use spring onions or red onion)
- 1 head cauliflower, uncooked,tear cauliflower into bite size pieces
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- To crumble the bacon put it into a small ziplock bag and put in fridge after 10 minutes take it out and crush it still in bag, works well.
- Put lettuce onion and cauliflower into large salad bowl put bacon on top.
- Mix three ingredients for dressing.
- Pour over salad when ready to eat.
I make this all the time. I don't put in onion but thats just personal taste. I use less sugar and bacon bits. This is quick easy and so good.
My sisters and I have been making this for years & everyone always loves it! Very tasty.
When I saw your recipe, I had to check where you were from. My cousin in Ft. Wayne, IN served this to my husband and me when we came to visit. I have tried it off and on since then and have it in my own cookbook as well as our Family Reunion Cookbook. Jane did not add the parmesan, but I will try it when I make it next time. Thanks for posting. Toni in Colorado