Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Something I made up one night to suit what was in the house. You can use any type of pasta.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 250 g ground beef
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 250 g spaghetti
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Fry the onions and mushrooms in the oil for a couple minutes, then add the ground beef.
- Brown and then add the chopped tomatoes and spices. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer while you cook the spaghetti.
- Break the spaghetti into halves or thirds and boil in a separate saucepan.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and add the cauliflower during the last five minutes of boiling.
- Drain and then mix the sauce and pasta together.
- Put in a baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then turn on the broiler and cook another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
Although I wasen't sure when I put it all together, the taste turned out to be great! Both my husband and I really enjoyed it.