Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Something I made up one night to suit what was in the house. You can use any type of pasta.
Make and share this Cauliflower and Ground Beef Pasta Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 250 g ground beef
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 250 g spaghetti
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Fry the onions and mushrooms in the oil for a couple minutes, then add the ground beef.
- Brown and then add the chopped tomatoes and spices. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer while you cook the spaghetti.
- Break the spaghetti into halves or thirds and boil in a separate saucepan.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and add the cauliflower during the last five minutes of boiling.
- Drain and then mix the sauce and pasta together.
- Put in a baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then turn on the broiler and cook another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.
Although I wasen't sure when I put it all together, the taste turned out to be great! Both my husband and I really enjoyed it.