Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Posted for ZWT6. Adapted from godutch.com
- 1 cauliflower
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk
- 30 g flour
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- 200 g aged edam cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 395°F.
- Rinse the cauliflower cut into florets.
- Boil the florets for 10 minutes in one cup of lightly-salted water. Drain.
- Beat the eggs with the condensed milk and half of the grated cheese.
- Add the flour and pepper and paprika to taste.
- Put the florets in a greased oven dish. Pour the egg-and-cheese mix over it and sprinkle the remainder of the grated cheese on top.
- Bake at 395ºF for about 35 minutes.
We really liked this dish. The cauliflower was tender without being overcooked, and the egg and cheese mixture added a richness that is missing from a normally plain vegetable. I'll make this again, experimenting with some different cheeses next time. I'll bet that kids would eat this dish as well. Made for ZWT6.