Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adapted this from a low-carb cookbook. It is super easy and fast to make if you use your food processor's slicing blade. It is also a bit colourful on a buffet table. Times do not include refrigeration.
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 lebanese cucumbers (the skinny ones)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, any colour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (use 1/3 of this amount if you use dried dill)
- Slice the first four ingredients as thinly as you can. Use a sharp knife.
- Combine the sliced vegetables and the salt. I usually put them all in a clean ice cream container (with a lid) and shake the dickens out of 'em. Then I put the container in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Remove the container from the fridge and drain off any liquid that has accumulated.
- In another bowl, combine the last three ingredients. Then stir this mixture through the vegetables.
- Put the lid back on the container and give everything some more good shakes to combine.
- You can serve immediately, but this recipe keeps well for several days, and usually tastes better the second day onwards.
I loved this salad! I used red bell pepper, with 1 tbsp balsamic and 1 tbsp cider vinegar with a little bit of sugar to take the edge off the vinegar. Made for PAC Spring '11
This was a nice switch from the typical cucumber salad with sour cream. I am not sure I liked the addition of the cucumber - I like cucumber but not sure I really care for it with dill. But it was worth a try and I did like the sauce with the balsamic vinegar.
Made exactly as recipe stated. I absolutely love it!!! So happy I tried this recipe and will be making it often. Thank you for sharing!!.