Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A warming vegetable soup for cooler weather.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 473.18 ml chicken stock or 473.18 ml vegetable stock
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 473.18 ml milk
- chopped parsley (to garnish) or chives (to garnish)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over moderate heat and saute the onion until tender but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, chicken stock, coriander, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer covered until the cauliflower is very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Puree the soup in batches in an electric blender or with an immersion blender - it should be quite thick. Return to the pot and stir in the milk.
- Bring to a simmer, adjust the seasoning, and serve garnished with chopped herbs.
SIMPLEy delicious. This is a great recipe for one so quick and easy to prepare.
This soup is thick and comforting. The coriander gives it great flavor, but is not overpowering. I'll make this again. Thanx for sharing the recipe.