Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was cleaning up and came across a tablet of hand written recipes that I had copied down from somewhere. I don't remember where they came from but I thought I should put them here for safe keeping. I haven't made this year. It is another waiting for Fall recipe.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled & minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 6 cups chopped cauliflower
- 2 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt, plain nonfat
- Saute onion, garlic, carrot, celery, ginger, cumin, coriander, & turmeric in oil and cook until onion is tender, 5 minute.
- Add cauliflower & chickpeas and cook stirring until coated, 2 minute.
- Add broth & bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer til cauliflower is tender, 20 minute.
- Puree in food processor or blender.
- Put back in pot & reheat.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt.
I know exactly where you got it because I was going to post it! It's from "Living the G. I. Diet", by Rick Gallop. You omitted the last ingredient, though, perhaps you're one of those who doesn't care for cilantro. The recipe calls for garnishing with 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro on top of the yogurt dollops. Thanks for posting it and saving me the typing!
Ive made this loads of times. It's gorgeous, silky, healthy and very tasty. The recipe came from the GI Diet book.