Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Although the idea for this recipe came from the 2009 Fix-It and Forget-It: Our Best Slow-Cooker Recipes, it's not terribly recognizable here! That doesn't, however, make it any the less tasty! The listed cooking time is for the slow cooker on HIGH!
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chicken breasts, in water, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups macaroni, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lb cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth, fat-free, low-sodium
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, low-sodium
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 cup green peas, frozen, thawed
- In a slow cooker combine all ingredients EXCEPT the peas, then stir to mix well.
- Cover & cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours OR on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir in the green peas & let stand 10 minutes, uncovered.
Kind of bland. A couple of shakes of hot sauce spiced it right up.
We loved this chicken dish! I used some leftover chipotle smoked chicken and it really added some nice flavor to what I think was already a tasty dish. I used whole-wheat rotini pasta as that's what I had on hand, and cooked on the low crockpot setting option for about 5 1/2 hours. Great meal - thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is comfort food! Delicious and easy to put together. I made in my crockpot using the 2-hour high setting. Thanks, Sydney Mike! Made for Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #56, Group 5.