Recipe by Mirj
Always a big hit at our house, goes well with minestrone soup and even some macaroni and cheese.
Top Review by Gay Gilmore
Mashed Cauliflower: they never know they are eating cauliflower. brillant idea, and tastes great too. I actually had to make it with brie because I didn't have any other cheese on hand, but it still tasted great. I will make it again with chedder though too.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese or 3 ounces muenster cheese, grated
- 1 slice challah, shredded
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly wash the cauliflower and break it into florets.
- Place in a 2-quart pot with 1 inch of boiled water and cook until soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower with the slotted spoon to a large bowl and mash.
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees.
- Combine 2 ounces of cheese, bread, mustard, mayonnaise, eggs, salt and pepper with the cauliflower.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Top with remaining 1 ounce of grated cheese and place under the broiler until browned.