Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A yummy fried side dish.
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1 cup cheese, grated, of your choice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 head cauliflower, separated into small florets
- salt, to tast
- In a large bowl mix first 5 ingredients thoroughly.
- Add enough water to make a thick batter.
- Add cauliflower and blend well.
- Using a large, heavy frying pan, pour 1 1/4 inch deep oil and heat to 365.
- To test oil, drop a very small amount of the batter mix into the oil, if it sizzles, it's ready.
- Add all batter to oil, 1/4 cup at a time to make "pancakes" and fry until golden brown.
- Drain well.
Oh my, was this ever delicious! It was just spicy enough, not too overpowering, and is a great new way for me to serve my favourite vegetable. Well written and easy to follow recipe. Thanks for a winner!
This is fabulous!!! Vegetable & protein in a fritter?? As dh said, "anything deep fried can't be all bad." The kids loved these, dh & I loved these. They're really super easy. I used defrosted & dried frozen cauliflower that I chopped up a little more. I bet broccoli would be good here, too. Or zucchini. You get my drift!!