Recipe by Lyricc
A reasonably healthy, delicious soup. No milk, cream, and it can easily be made vegetarian or vegan. *Use whatever broth you want, it all tastes good!*
Top Review by *Parsley*
I enjoyed this soup. It was very easy to make and the caray seeds added a flavor that you don't often have in cauliflower soups. I used sharp white cheddar cheese and chicken broth (instead of veggie broth) for this. I like that it's creamy in texture without adding any cream or milk. Thanx for posting!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed or minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 head cauliflower, leaves removed, rest of it chopped into large chunks (including stem)
- 1 (32 ounce) box vegetable broth
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium high heat.
- cook onion until softened and starting to color.
- add garlic and caraway seeds, cook for one minute or so, for the love of taste, don't burn the garlic!
- add broth and cauliflower chunks, bring to a boil.
- let the whole thing simmer until everything is soft.
- either cool the soup a little and toss it into a blender or food processor -OR- whack around with a stick (immersion) blender. *WARNING: hot soup will attempt to splash directly into your eye*.
- heat the whole thing back up again, and whisk in the cheese until it is fully incorporated. No stringy bits or clumps.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, serve.