1/1 Photo of Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup
A reasonably healthy, delicious soup. No milk, cream, and it can easily be made vegetarian or vegan. *Use whatever broth you want, it all tastes good!*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium high heat.
- 2cook onion until softened and starting to color.
- 3add garlic and caraway seeds, cook for one minute or so, for the love of taste, don't burn the garlic!
- 4add broth and cauliflower chunks, bring to a boil.
- 5let the whole thing simmer until everything is soft.
- 6either cool the soup a little and toss it into a blender or food processor -OR- whack around with a stick (immersion) blender. *WARNING: hot soup will attempt to splash directly into your eye*.
- 7heat the whole thing back up again, and whisk in the cheese until it is fully incorporated. No stringy bits or clumps.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper, serve.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.0
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 220.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 10.3 g