Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe was my Grandma's. This was made for a Christmas side dish every year. It has always been a favorite of my mom's. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 226.79 g Brussels sprout, about 2 to 3 cups
- 2 tomatoes, sliced (ripe)
- 1.23 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 283.49 g can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 29.58 ml buttered breadcrumbs
- Break the cauliflower into flowerets and cook, uncovered with the lemon juice in a small amount of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Then, cover it, and continue cooking until just tender.
- Drain the vegetables.
- Arrange cauliflowerets, brussel sprouts, and tomato slices in a shallow casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and white pepper.
- Spoon the condensed soup on top and sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly and heated through.
- (app. 25 minutes?) Serves 6.
I ended up using frozen califlower and brussels sprouts and cooking them according to the package directions.. then put them in the casserole dish and followed the recipe from there. I Liked the combo of the veggies with the cheese and thyme. Very good Thanks for posting. Made this for a Bargain Basement Tag.