Recipe by Haley K
My adaptation of a recipe from acozykitchen.com, that was adapted from Ina Garten :) Who cares, its soooo good and perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 3⁄4 lb Brussels sprout, trimmed, and quartered lengthwise through core
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups hot milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg, grated
- 3⁄4 cup Fontina cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add cauliflower, boil 2 minute Add sprouts, boil 4 minutes. Drain the veggies.
- Melt half the butter in a sauce pan. Sprinkle in the flour and stir until it makes a paste. (your making a white sauce here, you've probably figured out.) Slowly pour in milk while stirring. Let it simmer a bit until thickened.
- Now its cheese time! Add your cheeses, nutmeg, salt pepper. Add the cheeses bit by bit, stirring to make sure everything is smooth and melted.
- In a casserole dish, pour enough of the cheese sauce in to cover the bottom. Add in your sprouts and cauliflower. Pour the rest of the sauce on top. Give everything a little mix so the veggies are all covered in cheesy goodness.
- Top with breadcrumbs. Melt other half of butter and pour over breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 375 for about 30 min,.