Recipe by Normaone
The vegetables and sauce can be prepared in advance and chilled in separate containers until ready to use. When ready to use simply combine them in a pot and heat them until serving temperature, or use your microwave. Very, very easy.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, stems trimmed,cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard and lemon peel.
- Mix in the 1/3 cup chives.
- Season and set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook cauliflower 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook about 3 minutes longer, until crisp tender.
- Return to the pot and toss with the mustard/butter sauce.
- Season, sprinkle with additional chives and serve.